Our Senior Citizen Paralegal will assist you in evaluating the legal aspects of Medicare and Medicaid, long-term care insurance, disability, and program eligibility.
Ombudsman - Citizen's Advocate
Our Ombudsman investigates complaints and advocates for residents in long-term care facilities. Our Ombudsman provides information and education to the resident and assists residents who have concerns about care at a nursing home facility.
- Education to patients on their resident rights
- Assistance to patients with medical expense concerns
- Assistance in qualification for Medicaid
- Assistance with Medicaid spend-down issues
The Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) is a free and unbiased counseling program provided by the Indiana Department of Insurance for Medicare beneficiaries in Indiana.
SHIIP counselors can:
- Answer questions about Medicare, Medicare supplement insurance, Medicaid, long term care insurance and the Indiana Long Term Care Program
- Help you understand Medicare responses and organize your Medicare records
- Provide information about the procedures required to file Medicare claims and appeal Medicare decisions
- Help you assess your needs so you can make an informed decision as to whether a health insurance policy makes sense for you
Additional information available at the site for The Indiana Senior Health Insurance Information Program.